Laquan Smith

I was surfing the web and stumbled upon this designer named Laquan Smith who designed Amber Riley's dress on the cover of Essence magazine. In case you didn't know Amber Riley plays Mercedes on the Fox show Glee and Essence is a magazine centered around black women. When I saw the cover of this magazine I was like holy crap! Amber looked amazing. Here's a picture:


So after I saw this and thought it was pretty I looked up some more of his designs and his line for this season is out of control. I think I have a new crush. Anyway, here are some of his looks that I found on his website.















The make up thing doesn't really fit, but as you well know, I love make up. So I liked it haha. Anyway, in case you didn't already notice, I'm pretty sure the girl to the left in the picture above is Jaslene from ANTM cycle 8. I love seeing those girls involved with actual fashion.

But yeah, the pieces are awesome and the shoes aren't his, but they were used in his show and I liked them.

Also, according to fashionbombdaily.com he might very well be coming out with a plus sized line soon which is awesome for people like me who eat too much. Regardless, I will definitely be paying more attention to him in the future.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Yasmeen said...

GURRRLLLLL...These are okay. Post something better :) lOVE YOU

Yasmeen

njames92 said...

Really? I love this designer. But okay we have completely different tastes thats fine. I'll post something you'd like.

Post a Comment